Wednesday, February 21, 2007

What's for dinner?

Cooking is something I love to do so I'm always looking for new and exciting recipes for my husband and I to try. I really enjoy the whole process from making the grocery list to putting the food on the table and I take pride in preparing a delicious meal with a lot of love in every bite. The best part to me is taking my apron off and sitting down to enjoy the meal with someone I love.

I grew up in the south and southern women are not known for being health conscious cooks. They are known, however, for making soulful, savory dishes and I like to think that my cooking falls into that category, not the healthiest thing for you, but definitely tasty. To quote Paula Deen, " You have to understand, southern cooking comes from within. We show our love for someone through the kitchen, through food. We bake a pie or a cake as a welcoming gift or as a show of support in tough times. Southern cooking is comfort food. It's flavorful and filling and it makes you feel good." I decided to start this food blog as a way to share my love for good food. I hope you enjoy!

No comments: