Thursday, November 26, 2009

Pumpkin Crunch


This dessert won me over from my dislike of pumpkins and pumpkin flavored foods. Well, that is not entirely true as this is pretty much the only food I like that involves pumpkins. I will eat a piece of pumpkin pie if it's the only dessert in the room and if it is refrigerator cold. Anyway, you get the point. I don't like pumpkin. I signed up to make this dessert for our Thanksgiving meal with friends without even having the recipe. I realized a week ago that I better call my mom. She gladly passed it on and here it is for you:

Pumpkin Crunch

1 box yellow cake mix
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 - 1 cup pecans (depending on your love of pecans)
1 cup butter (2 sticks), melted
Whipped topping, or not

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 13" x 9" pan. Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Pour into 13" x 9" pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle melted butter over pecans. Bake @ 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until brown. Cool. Serve chilled. Top with whipped topping, if desired.

No comments: