Monday, December 28, 2009

Orange Slice Cookies a.k.a. Christmas Cookies

For as long as I can remember, my granny always made these cookies for christmas. Hence the name, christmas cookies. We never had them any other time during the year. Now my mom makes them and boy are they good. These rank pretty high on my list of favorite sweets. Unfortunately I ate them all before thinking to take a picture.

Orange Slice Cookies

1 lb. candy orange slices
2 cups sifted self-rising flour
1 lb. brown sugar or 3 cups
4 eggs slightly beaten
1 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cut orange slices in small pieces, using scissors dipped in cold water. Add flour, then combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Spread in greased cookie pan. Bake in moderate oven (350) for about 35 minutes or until brown. Cool in pan. Cut into bars while warm. Do not refrigerate.

No comments: