Sunday, October 9, 2011

Cheese Grits Casserole

Last night I decided to put a pork roast in the crock pot. I turned the crock pot on at 11:30 and let it cook on low until I woke up this morning - around 8:30. When I woke this morning the smell was intoxicating and I couldn't resist trying a bite. The meat was so tender. Roast makes a good breakfast, right? I made a cheese grits casserole to accompany the roast. Oh man, it was so good!




Boil 4 cups of water w/ 1 tsp salt
Add 1 cup grits and cook for 20-25 minutes (less time if you're using quick grits)
Lightly beat 4 eggs and stir into grits
Add 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
Stir in a few drops of Worcestershire sauce
Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
Pour into a sprayed 2 qt dish
Sprinkle with paprika
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until top is puffed and lightly brown and firm
Spoon cheese grits onto a plate and top with tender pork roast & 1 tsp a jus
Declare the wonders of roast & cheese grits

No comments: